Killet GeoSoftware Ing.-GbR - short: KilletSoft - is a software company, which was established in the year 1991.
The society is divided into the ranges "Geodetic Standard Software", "Development Tools for Geoinformatics" and "German Geodata".
The focal trades of the companies supplied by KilletSoft are consulting engineers, GIS developers, Internet marketing, public utilities, logistics, telecommunications, security and public services.
GeoDLL - Geodetic Development Kit
Function group "Distance Calculations"
GeoDLL - Accurate Distance and Bearing Calculations
GeoDLL supports the development of geodetic software by providing geodetic functions, which are put together into function groups for specific tasks.
To use accurate distance and bearing calculations in own developments a license for the function group "Distance Calculations" can be purchased.
The group "Distance Calculations" contains functions for the calculation of the distance between two coordinates.
Other functions calculate the coordinate of a target point based on the parameters start point coordinate, bearing and distance.
According to the formulas of Vincenty the Direct Position Computation and the Inverse Position Computation will be done.
Characteristics of the group "Distance Calculations"
- Distance between coordinates on the ellipsoid
- Distance between coordinates on the sphere
- Distance between UTM coordinates
- Destination point from start point, bearing, distance on ellipsoid
- Destination point from start point, bearing, distance on sphere
- UTM destination point from UTM start point, bearing and distance
- Vincenty's Direct and Inverse Position Computation
- Distance, forward bearing, backward bearing
Functions of the group "Distance Calculations"
- Function distancegeo() - Distance between geogr. coordinates on the ellipsoid
- Function distancesphere() - Distance between geogr. coordinates on the sphere
- Function distanceutm() - Distance between UTM coordinates
- Function point2pointgeo() - Dest. point on ellipsoid from start point, bearing, dist.
- Function point2pointsphere() - Dest. point on sphere from start point, bearing, distance
- Function point2pointutm() - UTM dest. point from UTM start point, bearing and distance
- Function vincentydirect() - Vincentys Direct Position Computation
- Function vincentyinverse() - Vincentys Inverse Position Computation
Detailed descriptions of all geodetic functions of this function group you find here in the online manual!
In order that you are always well informed about our company, we write actual news, current information and special offers here into this column.
Display Formats of UTM Coordinates.
Display formats, calculation methods and the historical background of the UTM coordinate system.
Third revised edition of the popular technical article.
Read the Worksheet...
What actually is a Coordinate Reference System?
Explanation of the Coordinate Reference System with the components Coordinate System, Reference System, Reference Definition and Reference Frame.
Second revised edition.
Read the Worksheet...
"GeoData Germany" comprises a wide range of spatial factual data that are maintained and distributed by us.
The databases contain all German towns, municipalities and urban districts, coordinates, postal codes, dialling codes, administrative units, nature areas, landscapes, travel areas, wind and snow loads, solar irradiation, cartographies info etc.
Illegal software versions
The illegal use of our software got out of control!
Read our Info...
is member of
The programs TRANSDAT, SEVENPAR, NTv2Creator, NTv2Poly and NTv2Tools support language files for the programs interface.
Since the language dependent texts are managed in external files, new languages
can be added at any time by creating new language files.
Everybody who is interested can translate a new language file into his native language for himself and all users.
Author: Dipl.-Ing. Fred Killet
Page name: p_gdlfeb_e.htm
Page views: 30
Period: since Januar 1, 2023